Saturday, April 6, 2013

And we're back....

It's been awhile since the last post (nearly 2 years in fact), but as of today Southern Tier Biohistory is back in business.  There were a few issues that caused this long hiatus, not the least of which were some technical issues related e-mail provider switches.  But the main issues were time constraints.  In the two years this blog has been asleep, I have become an adjunct instructor at Broome Community College (soon to be SUNY Broome).  I now teach the online versions of Introduction to Archaeology and Introduction to Biological Anthropology.  With online courses, the majority of the course prep occurs long before the course begins, especially when it's your first go at it.  In addition, I still teach my summer courses at Binghamton University, all while working full time at Public Archaeology Facility.  So blogging took a far backseat.

Now, thanks to a lull in course development duties, as well as the encouragement from Jason Antrosio over at Living Anthropologically, I've gotten things off the ground again.  And it's an interesting time to be an anthropology blogger, or at least it has been for the past years.  In the time I've been out, I've missed the recent Jared Diamond and Napoleon Chagnon controversies, not to mention the targeting of our field by Florida governor Rick Scott.  But rather than beating dead horses, I'd like to move on with the focus of this blog.  In the next few days I'll have information on not one but two archaeological field schools offered this summer at Binghamton University,  more recent isonymy research, and the upcoming meeting of the American Association of Physical Anthropology...

Stay tuned, and welcome back.

No comments:

Post a Comment